Working at Height Training
Safe Working at Height with Using Personal Fall Protection Equipment
Working at Height Course Duration: Half day
Maximum number of delegates: 12
Work at height means work in any place where, if precautions were not taken, a person could fall a distance liable to cause personal injury. You are working at risk if you:
- work above ground/floor level.
- could fall from an edge, through an opening or fragile surface or
could fall from ground level into an opening in a floor or a hole in the ground.
- work at height does not include a slip or a trip on the level, as a fall from height has to involve a fall from one level to a lower level, nor does it include walking up and down a permanent staircase in a building.
To give candidates the underpinning knowledge of the 2005 Regulations and other relevant health and safety law & an overview of risk assessment relating to safe working. For more information on the regulations please visit www.hse.gov.uk.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who may need to work at a height and require the use of fall arrest equipment, harnesses, ladders or stepladders.
- Organisation and planning plus risk assessment
- Prevention of falls
- Fall arrest systems
- Safety awareness, including practical exercise
- Access to roofs
- Safe use of ladders and steps
Venue: This course can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course.
Certification: Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a NTSS Certificate of Attendance.
How to Book/Upcoming Courses:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.