Tower Crane Training
These courses will train you to operate and maintain tower cranes safely.
The CPCS Code for the Remote Controlled Trolley Jib is A04. The CPCS Code for the Tower Crane is A04 A&C.
Upon completion of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Operate the tower crane safely and productively.
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations.
- Decide whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance.
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety.
- Precautions, including the out of service procedure.
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices.
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine.
- Secure, check and maintain counterweights effectively.
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability.
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load.
- Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities.
Once you have completed your training you will undertake your test day – click the appropriate link below for more information and what to expect on your test day.
Novice (recommended for delegates that have had some, limited or no experience with the machine):5 to 8 Days depending on course booked
Refresher (recommended if the delegate is experienced with the machine. Refresher training will help to iron out any bad habits.): 2 to 3 days depending on course booked
Test only (Recommended only if the delegate has recently undertaken a similar qualification in a different accreditation. No training or help will be given on the day.) 1 Day
Course Criteria: If you wish to undertake the CPCS training option you will need to have passed the health, safety & environment touch screen test within the last 2 year
Pedestrian Operated/Remote Controlled Tower Crane:
CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre.
NPORS & NTSS/CTA Courses can be delivered at the NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course if you have the required equipment and suitable training environment.
Luffing/Jib Tower Crane:
This is an off-centre category that can be provided at a client's own site where they have a suitable crane. At our centre in Cambridgeshire we have the ability to provide training and testing for NPORS Tower Crane and also CPCS Tower Crane A04 A&C.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, an NPORS Certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
How to Book/Upcoming Courses:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.