Telehandler / Telescopic Forklift Training
This course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating and maintaining telescopic handlers.
The CPCS Code for this course is A17.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Operate the machine for all normal tasks.
- Decide whether a particular load is safe to lift.
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Know how the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved.
- Understand the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability.
- Know how to load, store and transport representative materials.
- Understand the basic construction of pallets.
- Know the permitted loading of scaffolds.
Once you have completed your training you will undertake your test day – click the appropriate link below for more information and what to expect on your test day.
Novice (recommended for delegates that have had some, limited or no experience with the machine): 5 Days
Refresher (recommended if the delegate is experienced with the machine. Refresher training will help to iron out any bad habits.): 2 Days
Test only (Recommended only if the delegate has recently undertaken a similar qualification in a different accreditation. No training or help will be given on the day.) 1 Day
Course Criteria: If you wish to undertake the CPCS training option you will need to have passed the health, safety & environment touch screen test within the last 2 year
CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre.
NPORS & NTSS/CTA Courses can be delivered at the NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course if you have the required equipment and suitable training environment.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, an NPORS Certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
How to Book:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.