NPORS Ride on Roller -Test Only – Book now, schedule later
Course Date: Once we have received your booking and payment we will be in touch to arrange your course date for a convenient time.
Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Start Time: 8.30am
Course Location: Nationwide Training and Safety Services Ltd, The Coach House, Goosetree Farm, Rings End, Guyhirn, PE13 4DE. See directions.
To Book: Please ensure you provide the following in the ‘Additional Information’ box at checkout. *Full name of delegate taking the course *Date of birth *NI number or CSCS number *Confirmation that the trainee has passed their health & safety touchscreen test in the 2 years prior to the course date.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a CPCS Red Trained Operator card.
We are ideally located for individuals travelling to us with a train station only a few minutes away. We can also arrange transport from the train station to our centre if required.
NPORS Ride on Roller – This course is for TEST ONLY – you will receive no practical or theory training on the day.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will have undertaken theory and practical tests to demonstrate their ability to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges, against radii and around obstructions.
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
- Recognise compacted and uncompact areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the roller.
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.