NPORS Ride on Roller N214 -Refresher – Book now, schedule later
Course Date: Once we have received your booking and payment we will be in touch to arrange your course date for a convenient time.
Course Duration: 1-2 Days
This course includes refresher training, theory and practical tests only, no additional training will be given. This course is only suitable for experienced operators wanting to refresh their skills before taking their tests.
Course Start Time: 8.30am (Actual start time will be stated in your joining instructions).
Course Location: Nationwide Training and Safety Services Ltd, The Coach House, Goosetree Farm, Rings End, Guyhirn, PE13 4DE. See directions.
Free onsite parking.
To Book: Please ensure you provide the following in the ‘Additional Information’ box at checkout. *Full name of delegate taking the course *Date of birth *NI number or CSCS number *Confirmation that the trainee has passed their health & safety touchscreen test in the 2 years prior to the course date.
The machine that will be used for this course will be Ride on Roller – CAT CB-114.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a NPORS Operator card.
We are ideally located for individuals travelling to us with a train station only a few minutes away. We can also arrange transport from the train station to our centre if required.
This course includes refresher training, theory and practical tests only, no additional training will be given. This course is only suitable for experienced operators who wish to refresh their skills before taking the tests..
NPORS N214 Ride on Roller – Refresher Course
Upon completion of this course the delegates will have undertaken theory and practical tests to demonstrate their ability to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges, against radii and around obstructions.
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
- Recognise compacted and uncompact areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the roller.
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.