IPAF (3a & 3b) Scissor and Boom – 12th May
Course Date: 12th May
Course Duration: 1 day
Course Time: 8:30am (Actual start time will be stated in your joining instructions).
Course Overview: To provide thorough practical and theoretical construction plant training in operating a mechanical hoist (either passenger/goods, good or both).
Test Centre Location: Nationwide Training and Safety Services Ltd, The Coach House, Goosetree Farm, Rings End, Guyhirn, PE13 4DE. See directions.
Free onsite parking.
We are ideally located for individuals travelling to us with a train station only a few minutes away. We can also arrange transport from the train station to our centre if required.
What MEWPs are covered under IPAF 3a Operator Training?
The IPAF 3a Operator category covers the safe use of Mobile Vertical machines generally called Scissor Lifts.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Introduction and pre-course theory test
- MEWP categories
- Structural parts
- Regulations ISO 18878, PUWER, LOLER, RIDDOR, WAHR, MHSW
- Pre-use inspection/handover
- Safe operating methods and hazards
- Theory test practical training
- Practical assessment
- License renewal & log books
- Course evaluation
- Trainee Requirements
- Candidates for IPAF courses must be at least 16 years of age. They must be medically fit to operate machinery.
Successful delegates will receive a 3a IPAF PAL Card valid for 5 years and an IPAF Certificate of Training for the 3a Mobile Vertical. An IPAF safety guide and an IPAF log book will be given to each delegate on the day of training. Photographs for the operator card are taken on site and included in the price.