IPAF (3a/3b) – 5th December
Course Date: 15th October
Course Duration: 1 day
Course Overview: To provide thorough practical and theoretical construction plant training in operating a mechanical hoist (either passenger/goods, good or both).
We are ideally located for individuals travelling to us with a train station only a few minutes away. We can also arrange transport from the train station to our centre if required.
What MEWPs are covered under IPAF 3a & 3b Operator Training?
The IPAF 3a Operator category covers the safe use of Mobile Vertical machines generally called Scissor Lifts. The IPAF 3b Operator category covers the safe use of Mobile Boom machines which are self-propelled booms and may be articulated or telescopic booms.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Introduction and pre-course theory test
- MEWP categories
- Structural parts
- Regulations ISO 18878, PUWER, LOLER, RIDDOR, WAHR, MHSW
- Pre-use inspection/handover
- Safe operating methods and hazards
- Theory test practical training
- Practical assessment
- Licence renewal & log books
- Course evaluation
- Trainee Requirements
- Candidates for IPAF courses must be at least 16 years of age. They must be medically fit to operate machinery.
Successful delegates will receive a 3a & 3b IPAF PAL Card valid for 5 years and an IPAF Certificate of Training for the 3a Mobile Vertical and 3b Mobile Boom categories. An IPAF safety guide and an IPAF log book will be given to each delegate on the day of training. Photographs for the operator card are taken on site and included in the price.