First Aid at Work (Initial) – 12th-14th July
£295.00 excluding vat
Course Date: 12th-14th July
Course Duration: 3 days
(Actual start time will be stated in your joining instructions).
Test Centre Location: Nationwide Training and Safety Services Ltd, The coach House, Goosetree Farm, Rings End, Guyhirn, PE13 4DE. See directions.
Free onsite parking.
To Book: Please ensure you provide the following in the ‘Additional Information’ box at checkout. *Full name of delegate taking the course
You MUST be 16 and able to kneel on the floor to perform CPR to book this course.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate in First Aid in the Workplace.
We are ideally located for individuals travelling to us with a train station only a few minutes away. We can also arrange transport from the train station to our centre if required.
2 in stock
First Aid at Work (Initial Qualification)
The course has been designed to equip the First Aider with the skills necessary to give effective life support, treat injuries or illness and maintain the care and comfort of the casualty.
Students will learn a high level of practical skill and theoretical knowledge so that they can deal competently with any first aid situation that may arise in the working environment.
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the importance of preventing cross infection; the need for recording incidents & actions & the use of available equipment
- Assess the situation & circumstances in order to act safely, promptly & effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious, including seizure
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is:
– Wounded & bleeding
– Suffering from shock
- Provide first aid for injuries including Injuries to bones, muscles & joints, including suspected spinal injuries, chest injuries, burns, scalds & eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning & anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence & provide appropriate first aid for major illness including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes.