Construction Site Safety Supervisor (NPORS)
Duration: Two days
On completion of the course, the learner will have an understanding of the following:
- Health & Safety Law
- Legal Duties
- Construction Design Management
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- Risk Assessment & Method Statement
- Statutory Inspections
- Accident Reporting & RIDDOR
- Principle of Leadership and Worker Engagement
- Emergency Procedures
- Control of Substances Hazards to Health (COSHH) and Respiratory Controls
- Requirements of Welfare Facilities
- Fire Arrangements
- Noise, Dust, Vibrations and Manual Handling
- Considerations of Setting Up a Site
- Electrical Safety
- Management of Plant and Equipment
- Lifting Operations
- Working at Height
- Excavations and Services (Overhead and Underground)
- Confined Space
- Roles of a Supervisor
- Environmental Concerns
You must be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
You will need to provide valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
You will need to attend the full duration of the course. If you can’t attend the full course, you’ll need to enrol and take the course again at an additional charge.
Additional Information and Assessment Route:
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual / group presentations.
In addition you will be required to undertake some self-study outside of the course.
You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a written test of 25 open questions which require short written answers. A maximum of 4 marks are available per question and you are required to get 80% to achieve a Pass Mark.
Qualifications / certification:
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a NPORS Construction Site Safety Supervisor certificate. This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending a Refresher course but this must be completed before your current certificate expires.
How to Book/Upcoming Courses:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.