Construction Site Safety Manager (NPORS)
This course provides project managers, site managers and supervisors, business proprietors and client-based personnel with the knowledge and skills to enable them to ensure health, safety, welfare and environmental issues on construction.
This course is listed in the Build UK Training Standard.
Duration: Five days
On completion of the course, the learner will have an understanding of the following:
- Health & Safety Law
- Legal Duties
- Construction (Design and Management)
- Health & Safety Policy
- Risk Assessment & Method Statements
- Legal Requirements for Provision of Information
- Needs to Maintain Competence on Site
- Importance of Good Communication
- Principle of Leadership and Worker Engagement
- Importance of Accurately Measuring, Monitoring and Reporting on Health & Safety
- Health & safety Risks
- Identify Statutory and Non-Statutory Forms, Notices, Signs and Registers
- Accidents Causes, Preventative Measures and RIDDOR
- Construction Phase Plans
- Ill Health Causes and Metal Health Issues
- Requirements of Welfare Facilities
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Control of Substances Hazards to Health (COSHH) and Respiratory Concerns
- Noise, Vibrations and Manual Handling
- Considerations of Setting Up a Site
- Fire Arrangements
- Electrical Safety
- Temporary Works
- Management of Plant and Equipment
- Lifting Operations
- Mobile and Lone Working
- Working at Height
- Excavations and Services (Overhead and Underground)
- Confined Space
Mandatory Entry requirements:
You must be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
You will need to provide valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
You will need to attend the full duration of the course. If you can’t attend the full course, you’ll need to enrol and take the course again at an additional charge.
Additional Information an Assessment Route:
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual / group presentations.
In addition you will be required to undertake some self-study outside of the course.
You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a written test of 25 open questions which require short written answers. A maximum of 4 marks are available per question and you are required to get 80% to achieve a Pass Mark.
Qualifications / Certification:
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a NPORS Construction Site Safety Manager certificate. This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending a Refresher course but this must be completed before your current certificate expires.
How to Book/Upcoming Courses:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.