Lorry Loader/HIAB Training
This course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating a lorry loader.
The CPCS Code for this course is A36.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Carrying out pre start and running checks of the carrier vehicle & lifting appliance.
- Configure the lorry loader & carrier vehicle for site & road travel.
- Manoeuvre the carrier vehicle into position in order to carry out lifting exercises.
- Set up carrier vehicle to carry out lifts at minimum & maximum radii.
- Load plant vehicle in accordance with industry practices.
- Secure loads on vehicle bed in accordance with industry practices.
- Remove and reattach bucket.
- Place machine in and out of service condition.
- Explain loading and unloading procedures.
Once you have completed your training you will undertake your test day – click the appropriate link below for more information and what to expect on your test day.
Novice (recommended for delegates that have had some, limited or no experience with the machine): 1 to 2 days
Refresher (recommended if the delegate is experienced with the machine. Refresher training will help to iron out any bad habits.): 1 day
Test only (Recommended only if the delegate has recently undertaken a similar qualification in a different accreditation. No training or help will be given on the day.): 1 day
Course Criteria: If you wish to undertake the CPCS training option you will need to have passed the health, safety & environment touch screen test within the last 2 year
CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre.
NPORS & NTSS/CTA Courses can be delivered at the NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course if you have the required equipment and suitable training environment.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, an NPORS Certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
How to Book/Upcoming Courses:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.