Industrial / Counterbalance Forklift Training
Forklift Course Overview:
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating an Industrial Forklift Truck.
The CPCS Code for this course is A16.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks.
- Explain need and function of appropriate documentation.
- Configure and ready for travel.
- Travel to and manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads).
Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads using the full working height of the forklift.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Once you have completed your training you will undertake your test day – click the appropriate link below for more information and what to expect on your test day.
Novice (recommended for delegates that have had some, limited or no experience with the machine):
Refresher (recommended if the delegate is experienced with the machine. Refresher training will help to iron out any bad habits.):
Test only (Recommended only if the delegate has recently undertaken a similar qualification in a different accreditation. No training or help will be given on the day.)
Course Criteria: If you wish to undertake the CPCS training option you will need to have passed the health, safety & environment touch screen test within the last 2 year
CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre.
NPORS & NTSS/CTA Courses can be delivered at the NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course if you have the required equipment and suitable training environment.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained 360 or 180 Operator card, an NPORS Certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
How to Book/Upcoming Courses:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.