Passenger / Good Hoist Training
To provide thorough practical and theoretical construction plant training in operating a mechanical hoist (either passenger/goods, good or both).
As one of only a few companies in the UK that offer CPCS Hoist certification we have operators travelling from around the country (especially from London) to attend hoist training with us.
We are ideally located for individuals travelling to us with a train station only a few minutes away. We can also arrange transport from the train station to our centre if required.
The CPCS Code for this course is A20.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Describe the nature of this sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant/equipment operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle hoist components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm competency in line with the manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Check the stability, alignment and all-round safety before use.
- Ensure that the relevant hoistway protection mechanism is in position before use.
- Check that all gates and safety devices function according to specification.
- Undertake all the hoist’s pre-use and on-going running checks.
- Check the emergency lowering functions.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other construction site hazards.
- Load and unload materials following official manual handling requirements.
- Prepare the hoist for the required load(s) and/or passengers.
- Operate the plant machinery to the limits of operation both loaded and unloaded.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Explain the hoist’s working limitations.
- Place the plant equipment in an out-of-service condition, isolate it and secure it.
Once you have completed your training you will undertake your test day – click the appropriate link below for more information and what to expect on your test day.
Novice (recommended for delegates that have had some, limited or no experience with the machine): 1 to 2 days
Refresher (recommended if the delegate is experienced with the machine. Refresher training will help to iron out any bad habits.): 1 day
Test only (Recommended only if the delegate has recently undertaken a similar qualification in a different accreditation. No training or help will be given on the day.): 1 day
Course Criteria: If you wish to undertake the CPCS training option you will need to have passed the health, safety & environment touch screen test within the last 2 year
CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre.
NPORS & NTSS/CTA Courses can be delivered at the NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course if you have the required equipment and suitable training environment.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, an NPORS Certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
How to Book:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.